Early Bird Pricing Ends 3/31
Monday - Friday / 9:00am - 2:00pm (5H)
McKinley Elementary School in Burlingame
Mona Lisa, Starry Night, Picasso, and Van Gogh, these famous artwork and artists always held a certain jenesequa that has yet to fade even to this day. We pay homage to these classic artwork and artists by learning about their influences, artistic characteristics, motifs, and style in order to emulate these masterpieces but with a Clay House Art twist.
Our classic artwork camps combine 2D and 3D artmaking techniques to recreate these classic artwork in air dry clay. For this week students will delve into the heart of art history with Vincenct Van Gogh’s Sunflowers. Campers will learn about his unique painting style and sketch the iconic motif onto canvas. Then, students will start to layer air-dry clay on the canvas with techniques invented right here in Clay House Art’s studio, to recreate the visual elements of the original Sunflowers.
By the end of the week, campers will have created their own masterwork recreations combining traditional techniques in sketch, watercolor, and oil pastel on a new air-dry clay medium.
Campers receive a set of 3 Take-Home Clay Modeling Tools by registering today!
- The elements of Design - Color & Texture
- Exploring ways that classical artwork defines the visual world around us
- How to use clay hand modeling and sketching techniques to achieve their vision
- How to identify different types of Mix-media to combine with Air-dry clay
- Air-dry clay on canvas making techniques
- Air-dry clay restoration techniques
- Art Critique
What Campers Create
- A sketch draft of Classical painting
- The purpose and value of an artist statement
- One professional of Classical Air-dry clay artwork on 16”x20” canvas
- A presentation of Art Reflection (Public speaking)
-Full Day Camp $680 (EARLY BIRD: $630 BEFORE 3/31,2023)
- 1-week of Instructions
- 1-week of Art Materials
- Friday Ice cream Day
- A Set of 3 Take-Home Clay Modeling Tools
- A Take-Home Handmade clay keychain